Cadence showcases Tensilica DSPs and design tools
Cadence Design Systems will showcase its latest Tensilica DSPs and design tools targeted for automotive applications at embedded world 2017.
The Cadence automotive-themed demonstrations will highlight the following:
- ADAS: The scalable Cadence Tensilica DSPs offer ease of use, which significantly reduces the development time of high-performance, low-power ADAS designs for deep learning/neural networks, vision, lidar and radar processing applications.
- Automotive Ethernet: Cadence Ethernet IP enables engineers to quickly design low-cost, high-speed Ethernet communication links between ADAS, infotainment and other ECUs for increased safety.
- Functional Safety: Cadence tools and flows and ASIL-B-ready interface IP enable customers to significantly minimize the ISO 26262 functional safety compliance effort for automotive SoCs through automated fault injection, simulation and result analysis.
- Infotainment: Tensilica HiFi DSPs enhance the infotainment experience by offloading the main CPU for lower power voice recognition, immersive surround sound, active noise control, engine sound design and digital radios.
- ECU Design: The Cadence Sigrity solutions for power integrity and signal integrity analysis offer integrated design and analysis with Cadence Allegro PCB design technology. Sigrity PowerDC technology provides thermal hotspot identification.
- Microsoft HoloLens: Customers can experience a mixed-reality world with the Microsoft HoloLens powered by 24 Tensilica processors.
- FPGA-Based Prototyping: The new Cadence Protium S1 FPGA-Based Prototyping Platform incorporates innovative implementation algorithms and front-end congruency with the Cadence Palladium Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform that reduces design bring-up time by an average of 80 percent.