Kontron to do the 2-step with broadcasters at IBC 2017
Kontron will showcase with partners new SYMKLOUD converged video solutions at IBC17 in Amsterdam from September 15th to 19th. The new SYMKLOUD solutions feature a range of modular hardware components (x86 CPU-GPU/FPGA/SDI) and ISV partner software that support small, medium and massively scalable deployments for OTT and video delivery use cases.
This is the first step of a new "2-step" video + cloud offering. The second step involves helping broadcasters and service providers select the appropriate private cloud provisioning model to run their video workloads. In addition to the recently released SYMKLOUD OpenStack Platform, Kontron has beefed up its upcoming options to include OpenStack Bare Metal (Ironic) and Kubernetes (Containers).
All three open-source cloud infrastructure offerings are pre-built using Kontron SYMKLOUD hardware platforms and Canonical Ubuntu/OpenStack and tools that collectively address the ever-growing need to reduce operating expenses and maximize streaming efficiencies for HD/UHD TV and OTT web video services.
Kontron Booth Demonstrations Overview:
- Software-only option for 10-bit 4K HDR video streams on Intel Xeon E3 Series (integrated CPU/GPU);
- SDI to IP infrastructure conversion via SFP modules and COTS top of rack 25GbE/100 GbE switches;
- UHD/4K video based on FPGA hardware running ultra-low latency 12-bit 4Kp60 decode software;
- SDI 4K input-output modules integrated with server nodes in high density SYMKLOUD platforms;
- Containerized (bare metal) video transcoding using Docker and Kubernetes;
- SYMKLOUD OpenStack Platform - VMs or Bare Metal (Ironic).