Green Hills extends trusted instrument cluster solutions to Renesas’ R-Car D3 SoC
Green Hills Software announced its safe and secure INTEGRITY real-time operating system and supporting products/services portfolio for the R-Car D3 automotive SoC for graphical instrument clusters from Renesas Electronics. The highly integrated high-performance platform combines the trusted ASIL-certified INTEGRITY RTOS and development tools with the high-performance 64-bit R-Car D3 and its Open GL 3D graphics acceleration from the Power VR Series 8XE graphics processing unit from Imagination Technologies. Carmakers and their Tier 1 suppliers can now create rich and smooth graphics-intensive HMI for automotive infotainment and instrument clusters on the safe and secure INTEGRITY run-time foundation.
The Renesas R-Car D3 includes a 3D graphics core that enables high-performance human-machine interface and realises significantly reduced system development cost equivalent to those of existing 2D cluster systems.
Customers have a comprehensive set of Green Hills capabilities to build from with the Green Hills solution for the R-Car D3:
- INTEGRITY RTOS, the gold standard run-time foundation for safety/security critical software in automotive. Performance-focused support for the Arm 64-bit cores leverages NEON SIMD and hardware virtualisation.
- As an optional future feature, the INTEGRITY Multivisor secure virtualisation extension safely runs guest operating systems such as Linux and Android alongside real-time critical applications, assuring freedom from interference with near-native speed performance, inter-process communication and sharing of hardware resources such as the GPU.
- MULTI 64-bit integrated development environment and debugger, safety-qualified Green Hills C/C++ Optimizing Compilers and 64-bit toolchain, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools.
- Integrated code quality tools including MISRA C/C++ code quality adherence checker and DoubleCheck static analyser.
- Multicore run-control, board bring-up, low-level debugging and real-time trace debugging with the Green HiIls Probe and SuperTrace Probe utilising industry-standard CoreSight from Arm.
- Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit with FIPS 140-2 compliant services that secure embedded devices through secure boot, secure data storage, secure networks (SSL, TSL, IPSec, SSH) and digitally signed secure OTA firmware updates.
- Cloud-based Device Lifecycle Management manages secure credentials throughout the manufacturing supply chain, even over untrusted networks.
- Proven partner ecosystem spanning graphics, networking, connectivity, encryption, application modeling and all aspects of embedded device development and deployment.
- Services for safety/security certifications, system performance and programmer productivity.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and comprehensive MULTI development environment for the Renesas R-Car D3 are available today. The solution is demonstrated in the Green Hills booth at the embedded world.