Wind River: Intelligence at the Edge and Autonomous Solutions for the 5G Era at CES 2020
Wind River will exhibit a technology showcase at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020. Demonstrations will highlight technologies that advance intelligent and autonomous systems as well as security, safety and reliability across markets including automotive, avionics, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
Demonstrations include the following:
• Service-Oriented Architecture (SoA) for Connected, Autonomous, Electrified Vehicles: This demonstration showcases virtualization with hypervisor enabling multiple HMI displays, each with its own OS instance, to demonstrate GPU sharing. The VxWorks® real-time OS (RTOS) and Automotive Grade Linux will run on Renesas R-Car hardware. On an Intel® board, a hypervisor will enable Baidu Apollo software to run on Wind River Linux, alongside VxWorks. The two ECUs can communicate over SOME/IP protocol based on Wind River’s’ Adaptive AUTOSAR software, which has received concept approval of ISO 26262 ASIL-D–level functional safety from certification authority TÜV SÜD.
• The Rolling Lab: Housed within a Honda Odyssey vehicle, this live demonstration features production-ready over-the-air updates (OTA) and electronic control unit (ECU) consolidation technologies with an integrated digital instrument cluster running on the VxWorks RTOS together with the Android In-Vehicle Infotainment system.
• Connectivity Control Unit with Hyundai Autron: The demonstration highlights a connectivity solution framework for integrating advanced compute features found in autonomous driving running on NXP hardware. The platform runs Wind River Linux with an AUTOSAR Adaptive software platform that was jointly developed by Wind River and Hyundai Autron.
• Safety Certifiable Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) with Intron Technology: This demonstration highlights an ADAS domain controller developed jointly by Wind River and Intron, featuring VxWorks, Wind River Helix™ Virtualization Platform, and SOME/IP-based interoperability between AUTOSAR Classic Platform and the performance computation unit, all running on Xilinx hardware.
• Vehicle-to-Cloud OTA with Airbiquity: This demonstration showcases an open, flexible, end-to-end software lifecycle management solution for autonomous vehicles that combines Wind River Edge Sync and Airbiquity OTAmatic™ technologies, enabling secure and intelligent OTA software updates and data management.
• Interactive Virtual 5G Experience: This virtual tour highlights demanding use cases across mission-critical industries that require the highest levels of cybersecurity and safety, such as Kubernetes-based Wind River Cloud Platform for managing 5G edge cloud telecom infrastructure, intelligent industrial and robotic systems, urban air mobility, and next-generation telemedicine.